Ways to Keep Jewelry from Staining Your Skin
• Switch to 18 karat gold, a more pure metal.
• Platinum is expensive, but rarely reacts with our skin.
• Ask your jeweler if the piece can be coated with a new layer of
• metal or a clear protective film along edges that touch your skin.
• Coat the jewelry with clear nail polish.
• Choose stainless steel jewelry when possible.
• Titanium is another metal choice, for its non-staining qualities and for people with allergies to some metals.
• Try jewelry labeled hypo-allergenic. It's formulated for people who are sensitive to metals.
• Keep your skin dry when wearing jewelry.
• Wear offending pieces for only a short time.
• Keep your jewelry clean and tarnish-free.
The Joy Moos Collection